A vote for Winona LaDuke for White Earth Tribal Chair is a Vote for our Future:
It is important to come out and VOTE in the upcoming Primary April 5th, 2016. You can request an absentee ballot by writing a note to the:
**Election Board Box 10, Mahnomen MN 56557
Our people are suffering. We are living in poor conditions because we continue to be robbed; our economy from the cradle to the grave is controlled by others. Today we face many challenges, and future generations will count on us to make a difference. This is our watch. We need to stop the poisons coming in to our community, stop the theft of our economy, land and lives, and protect future generations.
We need to work together.
All of us. There are a number of good people running for this office. The time is now to quit talking badly about each other. That’s how we stay oppressed. Let us put our minds together.
I have worked hard on the environment, on food, on energy and for our families.
- Anishinaabe Akiing fought the White Earth Land Settlement Act.
- The White Earth Land Recovery Project is what I led for 25 years and bought back 1400 acres held by a land trust on the reservation- lands open to tribal members. Native Harvest sells maple syrup, wild rice from the reservation.
- I worked with others to create Niijii Radio, the only independent tribal radio station in Minnesota
- I’ve worked with our tribal members and others to defend our land from genetically engineered wild rice and oil pipelines and to honor the 1855 treaty.
- I have testified at Congress and the Minnesota Legislature, and United Nations, and I can write laws and regulations. And I can work with people.
A vote for Winona LaDuke for White Earth Tribal Chair is a Vote for our Future: It is important to come out and VOTE in the upcoming Primary April 5th, 2016. You can request an absentee ballot by writing a note to the:
**Election Board Box 10, Mahnomen Mn 56557